TR4 IRS TR5 TR6 STAG INNSBRUCK TVR ‘M’ SERIES
Although originally developed by GKN for first Mini in 1959, the Constant Velocity / Homokinetic - or CV joint is now the favoured technology for both front and rear-wheel drive applications.
As its name implies the driveshaft runs at a constant rotational speed irrespective of its operating angle, whereas the simpler Hook joints’ rotational speed varies according to the angle it runs at.
CV joints are more efficient and reduce power losses through the drive system whilst delivering smoother driveline operation and because the system runs ‘greasy ball bearings’ it eliminates the clunk and spline lock associated with sliding spline alternatives.
Whilst improved ease of suspension movement enhances the ride and handling.
- Uprated hub with larger bearings and stronger flange.
- Flange manufactured from EN16T steel and splined for strength and easy disassembly.
- Hub machined from Billet 6082 spec alloy.
- Genuine Timken / SKF taper roller bearings widely spaced, larger than standard and solidly shimmed.
- Bearing design and layout developed in conjunction with Timken UK.
- Improved durability and load capacity over double row ball bearings.
- CV joints produced by original equipment suppliers to Kia, Hyundai and Nissan.
- CV joints used are from mass production cars of greater kerb and train weight.
- In its’ original fitment the outer joint is used in front-wheel drive applications, so subject to more angulation changes than in these shafts.
- Driveshaft manufactured from EN24T steel.
- All joints are filled with top quality Molybdenum Disulphide grease.
- Inner studs engage the differential flange with the shank not the threaded portion.
- Fits all cars without modifying the trailing arm.
For further information and to discuss your requirement please email us on email@example.com or call 07812 766789. You can also enquire about an order below with your car details, we will contact you to confirm your requirement.
DRIVELINE, POWER STEERING AND SUSPENSION PRODUCTS AVAILABLE FOR:
Triumph TR 4A TR 5 TR 6 TR 7 TR 8 STAG Innsbruck Spitfire GT6 & Vitesse TVR M Series & TVR Vixen MGB MGC Morgan Austin Healey Jensen